15 September to 30 June: League games
- Each league will contain 5 players and will be run on
a monthly cycle, i.e. everyone plays 4 games per month.
- At the end of each cycle, the top 2 players are
promoted and the bottom 2 demoted.
In the event of two or more players having equal points,
the following criteria shall be used to decide the
placing, in this order of preference:
- winner of head-to-head match finishes higher
- most number of games played finishes higher
- sets lost - lower is better
- gentlemen's (or -women's) agreement
- coin toss, or if prefered by players, a play off
to decide who finishes higher
- Games should be best-of-5 matches, played to 'traditional'
squash rules (i.e. score on each rally, first to
11 points wins game, etc.).
- The players win one point for each game won, plus one
point for turning up to play, plus one point bonus for
winning the game.
The table of possible points scored for completed
matches is given below.
Note that if a match is not completed (e.g. time run
out, injury), a valid points score can still be agreed,
unless the players can arrange to complete the match
If a player defaults a game, the points scored will be
3-0 to the player able to play (i.e. s/he does not get a
point for turning up, just 3 for the virtual win).
- Matches can be played at any venue agreed between the
Observe the code of conduct for entry into the clubs
where the matches will be played.
Most clubs allow a member to invite a non-member,
usually with the payment of a one-off fee.
Some clubs even let two non-members play.
Pay fees as required, also if you are
not a member.
- Players must contact each other to mutually agree
match times and venues.
- Communicate results using this form
before the specified deadline.
Otherwise we will assume that the match did not take
We suggest that the winner be responsible for
communicating the results.
- Player with 0 games during the month will be removed
from the leagues, except if s/he contacts us BEFORE the
end of the month.
- The new leagues will be drawn up on about the 3rd of
each month and communicated to the players by email.
- New players can be accomodated in the appropriate
league on request.
In general any new players will have to wait to join
until the new leagues are published at the start of the
- Table showing points scored for completed matches
3 points to innocent party
01 July to 14 September: Summer ladder
- The list is created with the rank after the JUNE
- Any player (A) can challenge any player (B) positioned
15 or less positions above.
- On 1st September the leagues will be created with the
5 first in league 1, then the next 5 in league 2, etc...
Notes for new players:
- If you are not in the list, you can challenge any
If you win the game, you will be placed just above
If you lose, you enter at the bottom of the list.
- Emails of all players can be found here.
for other info and contacts